To have the best experience from a magic mushrooms trip, we recommend always planning your trip at least a couple of days ahead so you can mentally and physically prepare yourself for the mind broadening experience.
Preparation before using magic mushrooms
- The minimum age for a person to use magic mushrooms is 18 years. Of course not everyone matures at the same rate, that’s why we recommend the use to people of 21 years and older.
- Only take mushrooms when you are in good mental health, for instance you should not be depressed. Also important is that you are in good physical health and that you have no bacterial and/or viral infections like the common cold or the flu.
- Do not use mushrooms if you are alone. It is preferable to use them with a person that has taken mushrooms before.
Food and drinks
- There has to be plenty of drinking water for everyone.
- Direct access to sugar containing drinks (dextrose) is strongly recommended. In case you want to lessen the effects this is what you should take.
- When taken on an empty stomach, magic mushrooms will have the best effect. Consume magic mushrooms at least 2.5 hours after your last meal. You can expect the effects to start within 20 to 60 minutes, depending on the rate of your metabolism.
- Just wait. Not even when your friends already feel the effects and you don’t. Be Patient to avoid over consuming.
Surroundings and people
- The people you will take them with should be people you like and trust.
- Take mushrooms because you want to take them and not because other people convince you to, while you’re not completely confident in doing so.
- When you are scared of the potential effects, DO NOT TAKE MAGIC MUSHROOMS!
- Make sure that one or more people in your company will be the so called ‘sitters’. This means that they will stay clear from taking mushrooms. In case someone will need attention they can take care of that person.
- Keep the next 24 hours free from appointments. Take your time for magic mushrooms. The idea that you will need to take a train soon or that you have a job interview will stress you and will take a lot of beauty out of your trip.
- Switch off your phone. Most people will not be able to react rationally in the event they are confronted with bad or good news. Others also switch off the doorbell so they won’t be disturbed.
- Take magic mushrooms in a quiet environment with no or very few strangers (people that do not belong to your group.) Being in nature or perhaps indoors is advisable. Magic mushrooms are no party drugs. Festivals and concert halls are not good places to do them.
- Make sure you know how to be able to contact the local emergency services.
NEVER take magic mushrooms in combination with other drugs. Especially not with alcohol and also stay clear from cannabis use.
During the trip
Drink plenty of water. As nice as the effects of mushrooms can be, your body recognizes the active ingredients as toxins. Your body needs water to remove these chemicals from your system. Caution: Do not think that if you do not drink water that the effects will last longer or will be intensified. Your body will just take water from other places in your system because the removal of this toxin will be a priority. The consequence is that you will dehydrate and this can be very dangerous. The trip will be of the same strength and duration anyway.
Do not use alcohol or other drugs before, during or after your trip. This is so important that we repeat this statement. One of the effects of mushrooms is that your mind jumps from one thought to another in high speed. Alcohol slows down your reaction speed and will be responsible for your thoughts to start running in loops. This is extremely unpleasant and can easily cause a bad trip. Also, when using alcohol you are prone to dehydration.
Relax and follow where they will bring you. The effects of mushrooms are mind-blowing. This means that your senses work on a higher frequency when intoxicated. You will experience things that you would normally not see or realize. These visions are often enigmatic and are not always what they seem. The beauty lies in puzzles. This can be frightening at times, but just go with it and don’t try to fight it. Blocking it will work against you.
What makes people different depends greatly on their background. No person is alike and it is the same with their needs when they are tripping. Some love to chat, others prefer to be silent. One wants to make love, while another doesn’t even want to be touched at all. It is good to be able to communicate about this at forehand and you will understand the importance of surrounding yourself with people you like and trust.
The effects of mushrooms come and go in waves. This is also noticeable in how one undergoes the strength of the trip. It can happen at a certain point in your trip that it might feel that the effects are fading. Do not eat more magic mushrooms to increase the effects again! After only a few minutes you will find the effects will increase again without having to do anything.
In case of a bad trip
When you take our advice to heart, the chances of “a trip going bad” are greatly minimized. However, it might occur that a person in your group didn’t follow our rules so strictly. When a person has a bad trip you will notice it. This person will start reacting very anxiously, extremely paranoid or even hysterical or violent. Here is some advice on how to deal with this situation. It is best that the person that is sober (the sitter) will take care of this person.
- Never lose the person out of sight, for he or she can suddenly try to take off. This person should never be and feel left alone.
- Seek a quiet place where this person can sit or lie down. Have him or her focus on breathing calmly.
- Give the person sweet things to drink and perhaps to eat as well. After a few minutes the effects of the magic mushrooms will slowly start to get milder.
- A bad trip generally will last just as long as a regular trip. For the person in question it might feel that it will never pass. Comfort lies in convincing them it will all be soon over. Again, having them take sweet beverages will help to decrease the length of the trip.
- When you think after a while that you have done the best you can do and this person is getting unmanageable you will need to get in contact with the emergency services (911). Always be completely honest to the services in what is happening to the victim and what this person has taken as intoxicants.
THERE LEVELS TO THIS..
ALWAYS TAKE PSILOCYBIN RESPONSIBLY. PLAN YOUR TRIPS ACCORDINGLY.
DOSING & TRIP LEVELS
Trip Level 0: Microdosing
Recommended dosage: 0.2 – 0.5 g. – A micro-dose is a sub-perceptual amount of mushrooms. Take this every 2-3 days to boost creativity or feel less anxious. Microdosing trip levels capsules. Added as level 0, it’s meant to be taken along with your day-to-day routine.
Trip Level 1: Happy go lucky
Recommended dosage: 0.8 – 1 g. – The effects are mild and similar to being high on weed. Music starts to feel better, strangers seem more friendly and the mind is able to lose some control. You could have mild visual enhancements or some sound distortion, but these will be subtle.
Trip Level 2: Beginner’s paradise
Recommended dosage: 1 – 1.5 g. – Consistent sensorial accentuation, colors becoming brighter, and a light body high. Level 2 can be a more intense form of Trip Level 1, but with the right dosage it can be something more. Be prepared for the beginnings of visual and auditory hallucinations: objects moving and coming to life along with geometrical forms when you close your eyes. It will be harder to concentrate and communicate and you will notice an increase in creativity along with an enhanced sensation, lightness, and euphoria.
Trip Level 3: Classic psychedelic trip
Recommended dosage: 1.5 – 3 g. – Trip Level 3 is great for beginners who want to jump in the “real” psychedelic experience, without overdoing the dosage. This level is where visual hallucinations along with the appearance of patterns and fractals will be evident. No more hinting or subtle flashes of visuals, it’s happening for real. The surface of the object you’re observing will become shiny and moving, as your field of depth is altered. Distortions in the aptitude to measure the passage of time might cause a 1 hour to feel like an eternity.
Level 4: Flying with the stars
Recommended dosage: 3 – 4 g. – Strong hallucinations take over: a psychedelic flood of shapes, contours, and colors will blend together and hit the shores of your consciousness. There’s no stopping the waves in Level 4. There will be some moments when you will lose touch reality. Random, non-existent objects will appear and the concept of time will fade away to the background. Intriguing to some, scary to others, this is the level where psychedelics can really be powerful, life-altering, and mind-expanding. Keep in mind that this dosage is only recommended for experienced users.
Level 5: Total loss
Dosage: Anywhere from 4 – 5 g. – Total loss of contact with reality. Intense hallucinations. Great distortion of the perception of space and time. The disappearance of the logical and known perception of reality. Great introspection and loss of identity. Sensitive, emotional, and personal experiences impossible to describe, once the psychedelic experience ends. Level 5!